Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Home!

Well it was quite the journey to get back to the states, but nonetheless I'M HOME! I left the hotel in Madrid at 5 am on Monday morning and got to the airport for my flight which left at 9:00 AM. The problem is that the flight was late and didn't leave until about 11:30 AM and it caused me to miss my next flight from Germany to LAX. So the airport said that there was one more flight I could try getting on and they put me on the waiting list. So I waited. And waited. And waited for a good 2 hours just to find that there was not room for me in the plane and that I would be spending the night in Germany. The airline company paid for a hotel for me as well as food and transportation to and from the airport. So I can officially say that I've been in Germany! I woke up the next morning at 5 AM as well to make my next flight which left Germany at 8 am and flew to Chicago. The good news is that the airline company upgraded me to first class!! So I now know why people spend thousands of dollars to sit in first class. It is probably the closest thing to heaven on earth! I reclined my chair into a bed and slept almost the entire 9 hour flight. IT WAS FANTASTIC! I got to Chicago and went through customs and rechecked in my suitcase, then headed to my last flight to LA. That flight went by really quickly and before I knew it I was back home! So I ended up making it home, but my suitcase did not. The airline is shipping it to my house on Thursday. GREAT. Well at least I got to sleep in my bed last night. 42 hours of traveling and I'm finally back. Lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment